Mishaps

Hello.
Even though I have had a relatively good success rate with most of my baked goods, I'm just as susceptible to failures.I've had some spectacular non-cakes too! Just last week I tried to make a good ol' POUND cake. It was an old tried and tested recipie. 
Well, I certainly got a pound.. A pound of uncooked batter!!!
In my arrogance I thought to forgo the exact measurements, and I think I used too much butter or something and well... the result was disastrous!!
There have been times when I've not been fully satisfied with cakes I've made.And neither have my family.
Like the time I made an Apple Chiffon Cake withYellow Butter Icicng.. Yeah Yeah, Doesn't sound very appetizing. The cake was ok but the icicng was a wrong decision.
Or the time I made the Buttermilk Fruit Cake.I am not a fan of dry friuts and well..the cake used a LOT of rasins and dates and currants. Suffice to say that the cake would be a favourite for those who like dry friuts but not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment