Sinful Decadence- Devil's Food Cake

This cake looks and tastes absolutely awesome!!! Its a rich chocolate cake with a creamy chocolate fudge frosting between and coating it. My first attempt was a success!

 
I experiment on my children and an extremely tolerant husband who eat what I make with a minimum of complaints. And children, ofcourse dont lie so i get the most honest opinions from them and from the way they gobble up my cake and come back for seconds... Well let's just say that I am filled with happiness!! Ofcourse my husband is also a brutual in his honest opinions, and his reaction to the Devil's Food Cake With Fudge Frosting was utter bliss!!!
Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups cake flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp (170gms) butter, room temp.
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, roon temp.
1 1/2 cups butter milk
 
Frosting
12 oz bitter sweet chocolate, cut into small chunks
1 3/4 cups of heavy cream
Pinch salt
 
Method:
  1. Beat butter until smooth
  2. Gradually add brown sugar and continue beating untill fluffy.
  3. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. Add flour in 3 additions alternating with buttermilk, starting and ending with flour.
  5. Divide batter between 2 pans and spread it out evenly.
  6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

Frosting:
Bring cream just to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and let it stand fir 5 mins, Stir until smooth. Whisk the frosting briefly until it lightens in colour and is thick enough to spread.

2 comments:

  1. waow!! the cake looks really appealing. If we both were in Bangalore I am sure I wud not have missed this one. can u try marble cake and teach me if that comes out well. marble cake is my alltime fav. by the way i have never tried my hand on cakes till now. I see some followers to your blog if u continue this.. bcoz its worth it.
    great one preets
    beena

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! I have a great marble cake recipie. Before trying it, i used to think it was a very tough one, but turns out its actually very simple.

    ReplyDelete