Swirls and Marbles!!!

I'm sure everyone loves a good marble cake. I honestly dont know why its called that, but it is fantastic cake. You can have it at tea time, or even as dessert with a dollop of cream or icecream. However, its just absolutely scumptious!!

 
The recipie I have is actually Chocolate Marble Bread, as in it has to be baked in a loaf pan. I tried something different and used a square baking dish. It came out good! And the cake was consumed in just a day. No leftovers!! Its quite a popular cake with my family!
Ingredients:
4oz (100 gms) semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup milk (120 ml), divided use
1 1/2 cups (210 gms) cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sour cream (If you dont have sour cream, regular cream is also fine)
1/2 cup (113gms) butter, room temp
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (170gms) granulated suger
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method:
  1. Melt the chocolate with 1/4 cup (60ml) of milk on a double boiler. Remove and set aside.
  2. Whisk flour and salt and baking powder.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and the remaining 1/4 cup of milk.
  4. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
  5. Alternately add the flour and sour cream begining and ending with flour, on low speed.
  6. Spoon a little more than half the batter into another bowl.
  7. Add the melted chocolate to the remaining half and fold in.
  8. Butter and dust a loaf pan. Place spoon fulls of batter in the loaf tin alternating with vanilla and chocolate. The swirl a knife through and bake till done.
# The batter is not of pouring consistency.

1 comment:

  1. you know wat!! I bought a baking tray yesterday and I am going to try one .. (probably this one) this week. and let me tell you.. You are my Inspiration. The pictures tells me the taste.

    ReplyDelete